Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can you better control sheet number attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum2

Aerospace
Apr 27, 2010
US
I work with files that usually have a set of 3-8 sheets, a cover sheet and a sheet with notes. I am aware of the following attributes and how they work. <W@$SH_SHEET_NUMBER> <W@$SH_NUMBER_OF_SHEETS> I would like to only use these on the set of sheets usually about 3-8 sheets total, but still have the sheets in the same file. Is it possible to have the 3-8 sheet set sequentially write sheet 1,2...8 of 8 while having the other 2 sheets in there. Also I might have to add or subtract sheets to this set and would prefer everything to update.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There's no real practical way to do that, even with NX 8.0 where we now provide an option to edit the actual Sheet NUMBER, and not just the Sheet Name, as you could with older versions of NX.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
UG/NX Museum:
To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Am i stupid or don't i understand the question, ?
You only want the sheet numbers on sheet 3-x and not on 1 nor 2. ?
- then don't use the sheet numbers on sheet 1-2 ?

- If you create a drawing template where this is set as above , -it's done ?
Regards, Tomas

Off the top of my head (without having tested it and all the usual disclaimers), if you want sheet 3 to show 'sheet 1 of 6' and sheet 4 to show 'sheet 2 of 6', how about setting an expression to MY_SHEET_NUMBER = <W@$SH_SHEET_NUMBER>-2 and MY_TOTAL_SHEETS = <W@$SH_NUMBER_OF_SHEETS>-2 and put these expression names into the 'Sheet X of Y' notes?

HTH,

Jon

JHTH
NX 7.5.5 + TC 8.3.2.2

I was thinking about using expressions and it would give me what I want, but I don't think you can use attributes in expressions. If you can, then you can't just type in <W@$SH_NUMBER_OF_SHEETS>-2 as a string, because I tried that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back