Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you update design table without opening it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acavite

Industrial
May 8, 2009
US
I'm working on a master tee pipe fitting file that recalculates crotch fillets and such based on the dimensions chosen for the O.D.'s and wall thickness. The only way I found to update a fillet feature with any sort of equation was in the design table.

I also use the design table to update other aspects involving the end prep bevel and whether or not it's a standard or compound bevel based on the wall thickness.

After I change dimensions on the "Settings" sketch, rebuilding the drawing doesn't update changes that involve design table calculations.

So I've got a macro I'm using now that I run after making the changes, that opens the design table and then saves it (automatically closing it as it does). This works, but it's a little slow since it has to open the table. Also it may confuse other users. But I'd like to be able to save the design table and update the model without having to open table first.

If anyone knows how to do that with a macro or otherwise; or has any better ideas...?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's not possible with a design table. Design tables can't be updated without opening the table.

You should be able to update your part by equations. However, the equation may end up being more complicated than you want.

-handleman, CSWP (The new, easy test)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back