Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CANDE Reference Availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsantana

Structural
Nov 1, 2002
US
I am attempting to model corrugated steel pipe-arches with the CANDE soil-structure interaction program. It appears straightforward to use the program (except for actual data determination of non-linear soil element properties), but the CANDE-89 users manual that I have refers to FHWA reports from 1976/1977 that I have been unable to locate. NTIS originally had the reports published by FHWA, but there is no longer a reference to the documents on their web site. It appears that they may only go back to 1990. I live in a small town in Montana, so the public library is of little use. Does anyone have any ideas on where I might locate these reports? Has anyone used CANDE to model closed pipe-arches? Thanks for any help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

dear bsantana,
I am interested in using cande-89 and similar soil-structure interaction programs, but I live in italy and I have problem like yours in obtaining the code and the documentation. Could you please contact me?
Vittorio Lucarelli P.E., Ph.D.
md1704@mclink.it

Dr. Lucarelli,

The CANDE-89 executable and source code can be readily obtained from McTrans for $5 each. The user's manual is hard copy and costs $20, postpaid in the US. The code would be a challenge without the user's manual. The program worked well for me once I learned the data preparation tricks and understood the limitations and assumptions used in the program. The DOS executable worked off-the-shelf under command prompt on mt Windows 2000 machine.

Barry Santana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back