Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot edit assembly elemets

Status
Not open for further replies.

MShineV

Mechanical
Apr 3, 2014
SK
Hello,

I have this problem and it is driving me nuts. I can create, for example, a hole in an assembly, but once it is created i just can not edit it. The edit icon is gray.

Could somebody help me with this?

Thank You in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Where are you trying to edit this hole? In Part environment or in an Assembly? And with which options is this hole created (assembly feature, asembly-driven part feature, create part feature)?
Example:
1. open assembly
2. select Hole command
3. select Create Assembly-Driven Part Feature
4. place holes on the parts in the assembly.
Now, if you open any of the parts from this assembly, you will see the holes. But they are created at the assembly level, therefore you can not edit those in the part. If you want to change those holes, you have to open assembly and check the Assembly-Driven part features in the Assembly Pathfinder. There, you will see your hole and you will be able to edit it.

If you have a different problem, can you attach an image (which edit icon is gray, etc.) or a movie showing the problem?

Hello, sorry for the long wait, but I totaly forgot about this thread. It turns out that my problem was somehow caused by the fact that I was using an "multi configuration assembly" (i don't know how this is called in english) and in one configuration I deleted and inserted multiple parts. This was somehow causing problems- the hole problem I already mentioned and also the cross section tool was unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back