Status
Not open for further replies.

dandymcstebb

Mechanical
Mar 10, 2016
US
Hello, forum.

First post, so quick introduction...
I'm dandymcstebb, a native of the US, and work for a company that produces packaging machines. I handle tech support and software upgrades pertaining to SolidWorks.
Looking forward to being a member of this forum.

Now...

I've run into a problem with one of my users. They are unable to edit the Hole Callout dimension text once they have created the hole callout.

In normal cases, the first time you try to edit a hole callout in the drawing, SolidWorks will inform you that "editing a hole callout may break the link to the model", and ask you if you want to continue. Once you click "yes" and "don't show me again", it doesn't bother you for the rest of the session.

They have restarted SolidWorks and re-opened the drawing, but don't get the confirmation message. The first time they try to edit the hole callout text, it kicks their cursor back to the start of the line and doesn't enter any text. It won't allow edits on the drawing.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Since this is an old post, you may have already found your answer somewhere else, but in case you have not...

From your description of the problem it sounds like you are using SW2014 or earlier. However, since SW2015, the message does not just apply to this session, it applies in all new sessions until it is cleared from the Messages/Errors/Warnings Dismissed messages in the system options dialog. If the user checked do not show again and clicked no, then the user will not be able to edit the hole call out in the current and any new sessions. So if you are using SW2015 or SW2016, check the dismissed messages for "Manually altering a portion of the callout text may break that portain's..." If you find it there, check it so it is reset and have your user try editing the callout again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back