Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see PMI in parent assy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

someonedflr

Automotive
Jan 14, 2014
US
Hi!

I have an issue related visualization of PMIs in assy. I have a component which is exclusively dedicated to show the annotations of a part. When this component is the Work/Displayed part, I'm able to see and edit all the PMIs and notes that I created, but once that I get back to the parent assy, I cannot see the PMIs nor notes. I already set the reference set to entire part, and nothing...

The weirdest thing is that when I go to the filters and set show all the PMI, the cue line actually says that some PMIs are shown (e.g. 94 objects shown), but still I cannot see a thing. This is driving me crazy! hehe...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

UG NX 7.5

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Visibility of PMI is controlled by views. You will need to set up a PMI Assembly filter to contain the PMI from your components. This filter can then be enabled for selected assembly views and can contain some or all of the component PMI.
You will find PMI Assembly Filters in the Part Navigator, under the model views. RMB to add filters.

Mike Hyde
NX8.5 with TC9.1

You're right! I can see the PMIs from selected components of the assy in specific or all views.

Thank you very much for the tip Mike! Appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back