Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find "Turbocharging the Internal Combustion Engine"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen Watson and Janota's book "Turbocharging the Internal Combustion Engine" refferenced in about every book and paper on engine design i've seen. My problem is that I CAN'T FIND A COPY!!!

I've tried Amazon, ebay, and countless used book warehouses. I've even called the publisher with no luck.

question:

Is this book worth the trouble to find?

Any other ideas where i can look for it

Yes, it is worth the trouble finding the book. Try any university where internal combustion engines are on the curriculum. Everybody who owns the book has made a copy of it so it is fast to run it through the copying machine once again. You could of course make the publisher to reprint the book. There would be a market.

If you cannot find it then the second best option is the book by Nicolas Baines "Fundamentals of Turbocharging". It contains partly the same material as in Watson&Janota but not to the same extent.

Is it ok (legally) to copy a book that is out of print and therefore impossible to buy? Just curious.

Prof. Neil Watson was one of the Gurus of turbocharging in the UK (Imperial College) until he sadly fell off a ladder and killed himself.

I have a copy (somewhere!)and from memory it's not for the casual reader, but it's an excellent reference that has stood the test of time. Read it and learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back