Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't pick a line inside/behind a solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasinka

Mechanical
Mar 14, 2013
US
Hi all,
NX8.0

I know its just a settings somewhere but I looked in preferences>selection and I didnt find it there.
Problem:
If I am trying to pick a point on a line that is inside or behind a solid I cant pick a point in that line untill i hide the solid and actually able to see line in my view.
Anyody knows where that setting is?

Thanks alot.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Turn on "Allow selection of hidden wireframe", which works well in conjunction with the option: "Highlight hidden edges". These are toggle buttons that are probably already present on the selection toolbar; if not, you can customize the tool bar to add them.

www.nxjournaling.com

Just had the exact same problem a couple of days ago. GTAC didn't know right away, but eventually we got it.

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community..

[green]To the Toolmaker, your nice little cartoon drawing of your glass looks cool, but your solid model sucks. Do you want me to fix it, or are you going to take all week to get it back to me so I can get some work done?[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back