Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't save anywhere except on "c drive" with V5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericsherbrooke

Automotive
Sep 5, 2003
CA
I can read files from anywhere on our network but I c'ant SAVE on them, only access to save on my C:

Any ideas ???

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try the menu selections tools/options and under general select the document tab. Look for document environment and select folder. select the "Current" button which should now be clickable and ok the dialog.

When you now select save file you should be presented with the (windows?) save dialog box.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply,

Actually, I do get the "windows" dialog box with "save as" command, the problem is if I target anywere except on c: "my document" I get a message that I dont have the rights.

Hi KooKoo,

yes, even if someone log as a Administrator om my station it's the same problem. Our two V5 station in the departement have the same problem.

Other V5 stations in our company dont have this problem?!?!?!?!?!?!?

BTW: v5 r12 and it was the same problem with r10 and r11

Have you tried reloading the workstation? I mean completely - Windows included. Sounds like something is messed up in the registry, and you can probably spend more time fighting it than it would take to reload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back