Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Can't scroll to bottom features on my assy's feature tree 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxh3

Mechanical
Dec 10, 2010
US
I have a large assembly and when I have sub-components and assemblies expanded on the feature tree, I can't reach the bottom items on the feature tree. With the scroll bar all the way down, there are 3 or 4 things off screen. The only way to get to them is to minimize all items on the feature tree. The unreachable items are some assembly sketches and mirrored components that are below the assembly mates folder. The window's maximized and I've removed all toolbars from the bottom of the screen. Is this a bug? What happens if my assembly gets so large that the feature tree requires scrolling even with everything minimized?

SW2011 SP2.0, Dell Precision M6600 mobile workstation w/ FirePro M8900 GPU.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Make sure you're using an approved graphics driver. Bear in mind that branded computers, such as Dell, may use a different driver than the GC vendor.
Also, double check your bios. I had a dell once that was giving me some odd graphics issues, and it turned out to be an out-of-date bios.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
Design Manager/Senior Designer
M9 Defense
My Blog

Oh yeah, I am running the proper drivers, as well. I just shut everything, restarted Solidworks, and now it's working properly.

It's some compatibility problem between SW2011 and Windows - when your feature tree grows longer than your display area the scroll function isn't kicking in like it should. Just click the minimize button in the top right corner of the SW window then click it again to maximize the SW window - you should be able to scroll down to see all of your components now.

Closing SW and reopening the file also works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back