Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't select origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesaTactical

Mechanical
Nov 17, 2004
US
With SolidWorks 2007, I suddenly cannot select the origin while working on a part. Knowing SolidWorks as I do, I gather this is probably a configuration option that turned itself off for some reason. Anyone know how I can turn it back on again?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hmm, I figured out it's the selection filter. But the toolbar is acting wonky and won't let me clear the filters. Good old Solidworks, buggy as hell, it never disappoints.

I guess I'll just spend the rest of the afternoon clicking the toolbar until a combination of clicks clears the filters.

I've had this happen to me in certain odd situations (usually when I mess with complex curves and sweeps/lofts/fills). In that case, I clear off what I need so I can see the Feature Tree, and select the origin from there. Sometimes this doesn't register graphically, but is nonetheless selected.

RAM is cheap (unless you've got a Dell or laptop). Might want to fix that little problem.

Jeff Mowry
A people who value security over freedom will soon find they have neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back