Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Carrier HAP Block Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar_D

Mechanical
Feb 25, 2021
US
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if the HAP software calculates block loads? Or does it only do peaks and I would need Carrier's Block Load software for block?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you read the feature list and try the demo?

I had tried it a long time ago (it may have been the HAP version), and IIRC does block load. FWIW, i wasn't impressed with the software, it is pretty dated. IMHO the then current Trace version was better. Trace now has an updated version, which is significantly overhauled and all new (Trace 3D). I don't know if Carrier ever updated. Just my opinion, of course.

HAPS had a "Block "load Calc" software module separate from its lead program. I tried it many years ago and ended up just using the regular loads program and made the building one space.

knowledge is power

Does the Block Load give the required plant size? ASHRAE "Load Calculation Manual" applies only to room loads while ASHRAE Standard 183 is concerned mainly with the zone load. Is there a progression from the room load, to the zone load, to the block load for a floor and to the sizing of the AC plant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back