Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cash Flow Calculations in MS Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRMEE

Electrical
Feb 17, 2003
US
One cannot download monthly Cash Flow calculations in MS Project. You can only view and or print them.

I have tried different calculations in Excel but have not hit on the proper sequence of formulas to calculate monthly cash flows using only beginning and end dates of tasks and their cost.

Has anyone else tried and been succesful trying to find cash flows similar to those calculated in MS Project?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can copy the info from the task usage page into Excel. Select "Cost" as one of the data options in the right side of task usage. Set your timescale as monthly. Hilight the top row (for cost)- this is a summation of all costs - and copy it to Excel.

I just did an Excel page for acumulated cash flows over the years for the project, say 35 years. (not in months) I think it must work the same way for months but I didn't try. You just make a few (3/4) inputs if they are the same for the next year or you adjust year by year. I think what you need is the formula. Mine is very simple and was never tested professionally, I did it this month. I don't have/never tried any other software. I don't now MS Project, I will. I am not shure if that is what you are looking for. Mine also gives the curve of cash flows on a graphic of the same (Excel) page.
Neat.[shadeshappy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back