Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Casting service recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesselli

Materials
Aug 31, 2008
US
Hi! I'm new around here. I'm looking to get some pieces cast in brass/bronze (small batches -- under 100). They're all relatively small -- less than a cubic inch in total material for most of them. I'm trying to find a reputable company that could accept my solidworks/STL/whatever files and use them for their casting process. Could anyone recommend such a service? Bonus points if the company is in the New York City area. Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm sorry maybe my post wasn't clear. I'm not looking for a job! I'm looking for recommendations on companies that can make casts for me! Edited the first post for clarity. Thanks!

Find the names for foundries that attended RAPID last year.
They would be into specialty casting, maybe using short run tooling or AM of the casting cores.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

I attended the AMC last year. There are 2-3 prominent pattern makers engaged in this activity. Also,an art studio in New York ,has facilities for investment casting in brass, ss and ductile iron.

"Even,if you are a minority of one, truth is the truth."

Mahatma Gandhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back