Cat EMCP 2 Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASGripen

Electrical
Feb 6, 2020
US

Hello,

Have a question on a Cat engine/generator EMCP 2 control panel problem - the GSC keypad is not working properly. Cannot access the fault information and scroll between phases, only getting enough information to run the generator.

Is there a way to get all the old programming information from the panel in service mode despite the keypad not functioning or do I have to reprogam the new panel I am getting from scratch without the old data?

Thank you for any advice, all newer panels have a secondary way to plug in a laptop, this one does not seem to have any.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This control panel utilizes CDL (Cat Data Link), and therefore will communicate via Cat ET software. You will most likely need to wire in a 9 pin deutsch connector to allow connection with a Cat communication adaptor. Your local Cat dealer will be able to assist. If you have ET and would like instructions, I can supply wiring information.

Thanks, will most probably get the CAT ET (Electronic Technician) software and communication adapter with the deutsch connector. The upgrade kit from EMCP 2 to EMCP 4.3 is costly.

The wiring instructions would be cool - I pretty much have all the programming information I need if I wanted to install a new used EMCP 2 panel. However it would be so much better to have the old panel data.

Cat model number of existing EMCP 2 panel is: 133-6350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back