Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cat v5 command line only

Status
Not open for further replies.

opjones

Mechanical
Apr 14, 2008
US
New user to Cat5. It seems that I'm stuck in some type of "viewer" mode. I have a command line in the lower right, but nothing else. The pull down menu's across the top are gone and all of my tool bar buttons are not there. No matter what I type in the command line i get a "* syntax error" any help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yeps, this can be either because you really don't have a license, because you have only a few floating licences and they are all already taken or because you fiddled with the license options and are set to one you don't have or unselected the one you do have.

You can go to tools -> options -> general -> license management (I have catia in french so I don't know the exact name of this one)

in there you can select a license from the list

This has happened to us before if one of the servers that keep the floating licenses gives out, so try and see if it solves your problem...

regards,

luis

well, yeah that's true, you don't only get the screen, you get a message that tells you that the license you are trying to use is not available. I guess if you don't get the message then something else must be going on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back