Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catalytic Converter Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiPraneeth

Mechanical
Nov 19, 2012
US
Hi all,

I would like to analyze the flow of gases that enter the catalytic converter using Solidworks flow simulation software. Can someone help me how to calculate the mass flow rate and CFM of the exhaust gases? We use engines with turbo chargers.

As I am beginner in this field, it would be of great help if you can provide the reasonable assumption I need to make on temperature, pressure velocity of the gases. Thanks in advance

- Praneeth

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

After you read through that, if your issue is with modeling in SolidWorks, you might find it more helpful to post specific questions in forum559 (or maybe forum1183. I don't use SolidWorks myself, and I don't know the difference between the two forums.)

@Ione
Thanks for the reply, I have gone throught the post it is all about gas engines with no turbocharges, and I am dealing with diesel engines with turbochargers.... can you please let me know the related posts??

Thanks
-Sai Praneeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back