Caterpillar PMG3516C (XQ1475G) starts and Stalls Immediately 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banji Isioye

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2021
NG
Good day all,

I have a Caterpillar gas engine PMG3516C that worked perfectly about 3 months ago. I have tried starting it since last week. It cranks, starts but stalls immediately after start-up without any error code on EMCP 4 display or the CAT ET. The stop seems to be an external stop it usually records on the AGC-4 display when you stop the engine normally but this time I am not the one initiating the stop. I have checked and inspected all settings, sensors and any thing that may be out of place. The actuator position command, the fuel metering valve, the turbocharger compressor bypass position all appear fine. Checked the threshold prtection settings and observed during crank and start-up, none of the readings are near the threshold values.

Please help with any ideas to resolve this issue. Thank you. I have attached a video of the start-up and shutdown behaviour.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=cdd5121d-135a-45bd-b542-9b1a7b81b426&file=VID-20220325-WA0003.mp4
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please do you have access to the flash files?

Software Part Number- 3227250-01 (The upgraded version if available will be appreciated) for Adem3(A3) ECM
ECM Part Number- 3482392-01
ECM Serial Number- 1952B060AL
G3500 ASM Softwar

My ET experience is mostly from looking over.tbe shoulder of techs but I believe you'll need a time sensitive factory password to flash the ECM for that generation. If you can get that password they should provide you with the flash file as well. Anything that could allow you to change the power rating of the engine is heavily guarded for emissions reasons.

I am not changing the power rating. I am only flashing to upgrade, however the flash file I used was just meant for one of the ECMs. The second ECM needs a different flash file which is what I am requesting

How can a person get Cat ET? Can you get a certain version for certain model year engines and earlier models, and with no updates for newer years, and not have to pay a yearly cost?

Cat ET comes in 3 levels. Level 3 is for dealers, 1 and 2 are for customers. All troubleshooting can be done with any level. Level 2 allows changing some basic parameters. Level 3 allows changing all non-emissions/power related parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back