Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA 5 User guides / Training manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

HI all,

I'm an Ideas designer trying to get into Catia 5. Which is obviously very different, does anyone know where I can get or download training documents, or user manuals.

Thanks ( richkeepsitreal@yahoo.com )

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Chaps,

Im using V5R6 to model a fuel tank but im having problems with the FEA side.

Ive tried modelling a simple hollow cylinder that is clamped at the base just so that i can grasp the FEA concept for fluid representation

(the tank is modelled so that the base is at z=0)

in the generative structural anaylsis ive setup parameters to use in a formula for the pressure i.e. density - gravity and height in the tank.

so two problems i have:
first, i dont think im correctly setting the height parameter that i need to drive the equation. i defined a length parameter with multiple values ranging from the base to the top of the tank -

secondly and most importantly - the results im getting show the max pressure at the top of the model rather than at the bottom - obviously with a fluid in the tank max pressure should be at h=base of the tank. ive tried so many ways to get the software to recognise that max pressure is at the base but ive had no luck

if anyone could have a go on their computer and let me know where im going wrong id be extremly grateful - deadline is coming up and im starting to flap!!!!!

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back