Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia BoM in drawing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevwoogs

Mechanical
Aug 15, 2006
GB
Help!!!

I have a large product containing lots of sub assys and parts. I want to generate a BoM in my drawing only showing the childrean of tha main assy - not all the parts of the sub assys. I cant belive such a powerful tool like Catia will not do this!!

Any Ideas?

Thanks - Kevin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Most of the custom BOM's are scripted, unfortunately.
I have seen an executable that will toggle the visualization in Bom flag. You could then toggle only the required children. I wont have access to my computer until 8pm, if I find it I could email it.

Regards,
Derek

hi there

except for the first level of the BOM that you want to generate you can supress the display of the BOM by doing the following..

1.multi select the sub assy & the parts->MB3->properties and uncheck visualise in BOM.
2. update the drawing after making these changes in the product level.

Note:- if you are working with a PDM system even when u save this product with these changes i am afraid the next time when you open the draw and the assy you wouldn't get what you expect.. i think it works well locally..
hiooe this helps...

We are experiencing the same problem with BOM’s in structural. Currently we are trying to use the Define Report and Generate Report options with a query. I have only looked at it briefly but I think it might work. You have to use the search function and define a query (i.e. only selecting the top level assemblies), save the query. Define the report including the query and either export to Excel, TXT file or to your drawing.

Good Luck!

Steve Powell
Letourneau Technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back