Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia Installation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

santorta

Automotive
May 3, 2003
IN
Hi,
I have a Pentium 450Mhz and 256 meg ram and SiS 6236 Monitor, and 40GB HDD. I have Windows Millenium as OS.Whenever I try to Install CATIA V5 it asks me for the language and I have selected English and once the Setup Initiallisation starts, It gives me a Error message stating that
"Isset_se has caused an error in USER.exe. Isset_Se will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer."

I have even tried restarting the computer but no luck.Get me some help in installing this.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Autoguy,
rickyt is quite right, Windows NT is the minimum that V5 will run on, it will not run under Millenium. This website is useful for installing V5 ;
My 40-Ghz machine came with Millenium as the operating system so the hard disk was partitioned so that 10-Ghz could be for CATIA only. In this partition Windows XP Professional was installed and V5 installed under that - it works very well. I'm sure that it works better in a 'clean' environment, not mixed up with all the usual clutter on PC's. Ecxel is there for VBA programming linked to V5.
The remaining 30-Ghz of the system is running Windows Millenium and all the other stuff is in there.

I am having troubles getting CATIA V5R7 to install on my system. I have an AMD Athlon 1.33 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Windows XP Pro, 18 GB SCSI drive and it has trouble installing.

When I run it, after selecting "U.S. English, it says: "RegOpenKey3". Any idea what that's supposed to mean? And how to fix/go around it?

The other thing that I've also found is that while running it on one of my friend's computers, this error pops up, and it didn't do it before (also with V5R7):

CNEXT.exe - Entry Point Not Fount

The procedure entry point ?GetEnvrionment@BasicLicenser@@MAEXXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library JS0SPEXT.dll.

Anybody know what that's about? Work around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back