Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Catia V4 Views 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmillerjr

Mechanical
Jun 21, 2006
US
When I use Auxview2 and try to delete a view, it says that it can't. It won't delete with regular Auxview either. I've done Erase/Pack and /cln, with no luck.

Any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No...you can have more than one view per draft, it's probably not the most efficient way of doing things, but our customer does not want drafts to be utilized. So, my hands are tied.

I think that Itsmyjob was saying that the last view in a draft cannot be deleted.

If that is not the case there maybe a rule or attribute tied to it, these will have to be deleted to delete the view...

Do an identify + list to see all that is there.

I need some help here from the V4 guys as I have not been on it for over a year.

Cheers

I think I need to better explain my situation.

I have a single draft, with many views in it, and there are only a few views of which that I want to delete. It's the views that I want to delete that I'm having problems with. For example, I had a plan, side, and front view of a detail. It would let me delete the plan view, but not the other two.

If you have section a-a developed from your plan view, you can not delete the plan view, if section a-a still exists.
If you delete section a-a then you can delete your plan view.

The views that you are not allowed to delete are somehow related to the creation of another view that still exists.

I've found when having trouble deleting views if you go to the erace command and type *$sclig and hit yes you'll be able to delete the view, most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back