Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA V5 - Component Display in Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

natester

Automotive
Aug 12, 2002
US
I have received a CATIA V5 drawing with views that are generated from a CATPart file that contains several components. I have three views in which I want to make one of the components invisible. How do I make the component invisible in only selected views?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It would be nice to share your success story...

Did you change the link of the view?

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

The way I have found is to right click the view frame, expand view lebel window, then overload properties. Brings up another window, select items from view to not show, item updates in window list, select item and hit edit button to bring up last window (Editor) and modify the pick box's as needed. Shown and Use when projecting are the two I use most.

When you work with a CATPart this overload properties option is not available.

use the View.Object / Modify link to use / not use bodies / geometrical set.

Eric N.

Here is how I accomplished this change....first note that all drawing views were locked.
1. In the CATDrawing file I unlocked the views in the drawing that I want to blank the components.
2. Open the CATPart file and HIDE the components that I want invisible in the drawing views.
3. Go back to the drawing and update the unlocked views. This made the desired components invisible.
4. Lock the changed views.
5. Go back to the CATPart file and UNHIDE the components.
6. Save the drawing file.

It was simple and worked well.

have a look at the Modify link. It should be a better solution than locking views.

Eric N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back