CATIA V5 DRAFTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

virial

Bioengineer
Oct 22, 2002
ES
Hi everybody

I have a question for you. Is it possible to obtain in drafting workbench a 3d view projection with the same aspect( colors, shades) that in the part desing/ assembly workbench?.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi,

What you need is to do is a ScreenGrab (Tools/image/capture) and save that image to a file. Then you put the image in your drawing (Insert / Picture)...

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Hi,

Isn't there a way to obtain drawings with automated colors ?
I mean without using bitmap images, so that drawings are scalable with no loss.

I need to create an A0 pdf with color drawings. I don't see myself manually correcting the whole CATIA drawing with Illustrator, just to track open-bound rectangles and assign them colors...

Chris.

Hello there.

I think in the most recent releases of CATIA you can choose "raster" as an option in the drawing view property box. I think you can choose to see the assembly colors in here as well, but there might be some more options in the "Tools"-menu for drafting to do this...

-Bjod

Unfortunately I am running v5r10. Plus, this method seems to be using raster images, which are resolution dependent.

I created a new thread "Quality illustrations for manuals (V5.R10)" regarding this matter, with more details.

See you there.

>> sorry for the double post, I thought this current thread from 2003 would stay at the bottom of the list...

There is no way to get a Shaded Image into a CATDrawing without using rasters. You can get a Colored, line drawing by selecting the 3-D colors option as mentioned above.

The shaded image is, by definition, a raster image. There is no way in a 2-D image to get anything else. Even the display on your workstion is raster. If you want a way to show the 3-D image to people viewing your tech pubs pages, I suggest you try something like VRML or 3D XML. There are some tech pubs applications available that work with CATIA using these formats. Look to Sogitec for one.

Well I can do without the shades, but not without the colors... Where is this "3D colors" option ? I can't find it in view/properties. I guess it wasnt built in v5r10.

Catiajim, I simply need to publish 2D illustrations, not 3D.

Anyone has a clue about how to render perspective on 2D drawings ?

There's no way in CATIA to 'project' a true perspective view (with vanishing points) into a drawing.

You can only project an oblique view (isometric or axiometric). And you can project with the same colors as the 3D geometry (option = inherit 3D color) [with R14 - not sure about R10]

You can not render (shade and/or map material) in a drawing view.

I'm pretty sure it was there back in R10. I know it was in R12, but there was a problem in using it with VPM, as it caused excessive update times. It's fixed now in R13.

I realized I am actually running v5r7 on this current computer and not r10, as I thought. Well, the color option is not available in r7, that's for sure.

Thanks all for your valuable answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back