Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA V5 geometric area invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.

navajoht1

Automotive
Feb 8, 2007
US
Hello

Got a CATIA V5 3D data file. However, the 3D part bodies in geometric area are invisible. When clicking "Document property", the 3D part body is shown in the small pop-up window (picture of screen shot as the following).

getfile.aspx

So, the 3D part body really exists in this CATIA data file, but I don't know what reason causes the geometric area invisible. I checked "hide/show" - it is not under "hide". Do I need to change some setting to make the geometric area show up?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Tom

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi,

you can try to click on the tool bar "tools", the icone "only currente boby" (cf. image)

I hope that it'll help you...

boris

sorry for my accent :)

Also try Tools/Visualization Filters and make sure all are on

Thanks all for helps. Unfortunately the geometric area is still invisible. I think probably it is due to my CATIA V5 environment setting, which I will double check. Again, thanks.

I have a couple other suggestions:

1. View + Fit-All-In
2. View and verify there is a checkmark in front of GEOMETRY, and then Fit-All-In
3. right-click on a body, and REFRAME ON
4. Right-click on top item in the tree and DEFINE WORK OBJECT
5. Tools + Options + Infrastructure + Part Infrastructure - Display tab, and verify nothing is active in the middle DISPLAY IN GBEOMETRY AREA section
6. Use SWAP VISIBLE SPACE to make sure everything isn't hidden
7. Check tree for branch called MASKS, and if it's there, make sure all Masks are inactive (blue)

check the layer of the solid and if there is any filter applied

check the last feature of the solid, does it remove the complete solid? (ie sewing operation with wrong direction)

if the first feature of the solid visible when you edit it?

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back