Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA v5 identifying constraints of a particular part in a product 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamnotsure

Military
Aug 23, 2019
CH
Bonjour,

I would like to find constraints connected to one, particular part in a large assembly.
Every advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you right click on the part in the tree, there is an option that I believe is called "Component Constraints" somewhere in the menu. I'm trying to verify this, but Catia won't start up for me right now. Once you find that, click on it and it will highlight the constraints (both in the tree and on the model) that are connected to the component. I usually hide all constraints, then use the "Component Constraints" tool and once all the component constraints are highlighted I right click and show (which shows only the component constraints).

If I can coax Catia to actually start and I can verify this, I'll edit the post with the correct information.

Edit: Right click on the part/sub-assembly in the tree > Select the option that is "Instance_Name.X object" > Component Constraints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back