Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia V5 Intersection Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

makyy

Automotive
Mar 2, 2021
JP
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the concept of catia v5 macros. Any help will be appreciated.
I recorded the macro but it isn't what I want. I created a point on curve.
Now the macro that I want : The userform opens in that when I click run ,the left corner of the window displays a message to "select the point that is created" and a plane is formed by selecting that point.
Then in the left corner the message changes to "select the plane" and on selecting that plane a circle is created.
There is a text box in UI that enables in which you write the radius of the circle and after pressing enter key the circle is created of that radius (on that plane of course).
Then in the left corner the message displays to "select first element" and when I select any object it is selected and the message changes to "select second element" and after selecting the second element the intersection is created.

The circle is created to limit the region of intersection.

Any help will be appreciated. I worked on Drawing macro and I can work on that well but now that i have to switch to GSD and part body I am having trouble.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thankyou LWolf for your reply.
But my task is to create the macro. My senior gave me this task.I know its not necessary but what to do.I have to do it.

I would be saved if someone could help me with this.

How do you want to create a plane from a single point in the first place? It doesn't make sense unless more conditions are apllied.

And where the center of the circle should be located?

Thankyou Little Cthullu for replying back.

If there are more conditions to be applied then those are the direction i guess like xy plane ,
yz plane . And I want the circle to be created on the same point too (the one that I created in the first place)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back