Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia V5 Join and Manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webbo1981

Aerospace
Dec 13, 2011
GB
Hi All

May yet well be another simple question to some of you

I am currently looking at the join operation within GSD. Can anyone please explain what the Check Manifold tool does exactly? I know you can only use this option when joining curves but im not quite getting the jist of exactly what it's doing. I have come to the conclusion that if ticked and attempting to make a join with curves it doesn't work. As soon as I untick this option I am then able to join the curves no problem

Thanks in advance for any help some of you may be able to give

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When joining curves, the check manifold option verifies that the result is both contiguous and has a single path (ie. no more than two coincident endpoints at any vertex, and no intersection between curves other than at endpoints). If the join result is contiguous but has more than one path (ie. 3 curves having an endpoint at a common vertex, or a curve having an endpoint at the midpoint of another curve) then the result has connectivity but is not manifold. If the result is not contiguous then it is not manifold and does not have connectivity, but it still can be a joined element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back