Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Catia V5 Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzecha

Aerospace
Jan 20, 2016
US
Recently my company built us new top of the line systems with a NVIDIA Quadro M4000 graphics card.
We run Catia V5 R20 through R25 right now.
With this new system/card R23 and newer run like a dream.
When I try to run large customer provided assemblies in R22 or lower, the system is really bogged down and is incredible slow to use.
But when i pull in the same file into R23 or newer, the model runs really well.
Has anyone had a similar problem or possibly know the fix to make R22 and lower perform better with this new graphics card?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use V5R22 with a Nvidia Quadro K2000 with the graphics driver 347.52. If i used the latest graphics driver I had issues, "Ok to Terminate". Also, make sure you have a separate set of catsetting for each version of catia you run. Don't use catsetting for R22 that were saved in R23.

I don't have the issues of "Ok to Terminate", it just really slow to do anything in the model.
All of my settings are version specific.

Have you tried placing your catsetting in an alternate location so that when catia opens it creates all fresh catsetting? If you can, run like that long enough to see if things are noticeably faster.

kr7530: I will try to delete all my Catia Environment setting and redo them in the next few days for R22 and update you on the outcome of performance.

ferdo: Currently I have R22 and R23 setup with exactly the same settings, that is why it is such an issue when newer versions run the same assembly so much better with the same settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back