Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia V5 R18 appears to be a lemon 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

solid7

Mechanical
Jun 7, 2005
US

V5 R18 SP02 HF9

I have listed no less than 7 issues, in less than a week of using R18, which I will submit as APAR. Is anyone else having issues?

The major things are:

1) Text editor - a hard return exits the editor. (where it did not previously) Workaround - create text in a plain text document, and paste it into the Catia text editor. (PITA)

2) I am not able to assign a hot key for either the "Redo" function, nor the "Change Geometrical Set" function. (where I was previously able)

3) Strange workspace anomalies. Some drawings, when maximized, only display as a sliver on the screen. (about 3" wide, from top to bottom) This happens until reboot, and then begins again after I save and reopen. (until next reboot - on and on it goes...)

We have a list of half dozen annoyances, but I don't really feel like taking the space to list them all. Anyone having problems with R18? Methinks it a turd...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Catia Design|Catia Design News|Catia V5 blog

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My latest woe is that in R18, there appears to be some trouble with Catia being able to manage assembly references. I have several tools that use similar details. Because we use an Enovia type naming/saving convention, I have several details which are re-used throughout different tool numbers. So, the same detail or sub-assembly gets saved under the same name, albeit in a different folder. However, when I pull this into an assembly, some of the details change! If I open the same tool in a clean session, everything is exactly as it should be. At least until the assembly becomes involved.

Example: 7/16 OD bushing morphs into a 5/8 OD bushing on assembly. (yet displays correctly in a new session) The part name in the tree is changed, but the instance name remains as it should - thus providing the proof.

Anyone else? Workaround?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Catia Design|Catia Design News|Catia V5 blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back