Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

catia v5 to ppt: bom + image 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDesign84

Automotive
May 3, 2018
IT
Hi,

i'm looking for a macro that permits to obtain a powerpoint file in which there are:

1. an image of the part/assembly visualized on catia
2. a table contains a bom, in particular part description + part version/revision + material
3. that is able to make a ppt page for each catpart inside the catproduct

there is some macro about it, or somebody that know how to do it?

thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry is not weel described.

In every page of ppt must be the image and the table reffered to each catpart presents into catproduct.

Hello,

Never heard of such a macro but I think know how to do it.

Calin

What you are looking for is too specific and I doubt you will find something like this.
I believe also that it is possible to do something like this and would take somewhere between 1-2 weeks of works.

if you know a bit of VBA and need help plz start posting and I will follow and help...

start with taking a screenshot of a part in catia (google it I've seen that before in forums)
then you need to understand recursive app in order to check all part in product structure (again google is your friend)
then find a recursive code to go throu product structure (again i've seen it on forums)
then you need to open each part in a product in a new window, take a screen grab, get info you need and put it in PPT.

Once you split each task it is not that difficult.

Go... search the web, try some stuff and post your problem. I will help (and I m sure other will join)

waiting for your first question

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back