Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia V5 transformation matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

rileyman

Automotive
Feb 23, 2004
GB
Hi, Is it possible to view the transformation matrix for parts that have been moved within a product. Is there a command to see this or a Catscript that will report it back to me. I would like to see the matrix a bit like when you select on the links in a VPM PSN graph and look at the transformation. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's under Object.Position.GetComponent. This will return the 12 components of the transformation matrix into a single array.

It is also possible to do it via KnowledgeWare, although not obvious. If you have two axis systems in one part (for instance, if you external-reference another part's axes system), you can ask the secondary axes (not the high-lighted one) for its matrix parameters. If you use the parameters explorer or the KW dictionary on the axes, you can see and reference a11, a12, a13, etc.

Warning: I have had a problem with this not updating, but I believe that it is an problem with the installation, rather than with the method.

Regards,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back