Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA V5R8 Toolbar Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxShiff

Aerospace
Apr 20, 2002
CA
Greetings all...

I'm having a really annoying CATIA Problem...

All of my menu toolbars' icons have been replaced by some kind of TEXT replacement, with NO icon, and it is making things really hard for me....I haven't a clue how this has happened, but this is what it looks like:

(Copy and paste link in a new browser, cause clicking on it sometimes doesn't work for some reason...)

Can someone tell me how I can get all my icons back??

(I've already tried the RESTORE ALL CONTENTS and RESTORE POSITION commands in the Customize sub-menu.....but to no avail...)

Thanks,

Max..

maxshiff@sympatico.ca

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OK, the problem has been solved, and as was posted in another thread, the file, "FrameConfig.CATsettings" had to be removed from the following directory:

On Windows NT, it is:

"C:/programfiles/winnt/profiles/(loginname)/application data/dassaultsystems/"

On Windows XP, it is:

"C:/documents and settings/(loginname)/application data/dassaultsystems/"

Thanks for all the help!!

Max...

What has happened is that your Catsettings have been corrupted. You now have to delete your Catsettings folder and then restart Catia, this will add a new default settings folder.
When you have changed the way Catia looks, ie. Options, position of toolbars etc. make a copy of these Catsettings.
So in future you can delete the corrupt folder and replace with the above.

Thanks for the tip...this problem has happened TWICE since I solved it, and all I had to do was go and delete the FrameConfig.CATsettings file....I'll try a backup of the working one, and then just copy it over...makes more sense, since I have to change all my options back, every time I go and delete the settings file...

Regards,

Max

maxshiff@sympatico.ca

hello,

because i had the same problem, and because i didnt want to spend to much time setting up my CATIA i use environment.

And as admin i do my settings... when something goes wrong with my user settings i just delete them ... and because i work in a environment i find back my admin setting... Have fun,

Eric

catiav5@softhome.net

Äðóçüÿ, õâàòèò òóæèòüñÿ ! Ïîõîæå òóò äîáðàÿ ïîëîâèíà, êàê îáû÷íî, ïîíèìàåò ïî-ðóññêè ! Ïðîñüáà, ïîäñêàæèòå, ãäå ìîæíî ñêà÷àòü íîðìàëüíûé õåëï (ðóññêèé èëè àíãëèéñêèé). Ïðåìíîãî áëàãîäàðåí.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back