Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATScript Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPuppi

Automotive
Jun 27, 2006
IT
Hi, i'm trying to learn as much as possible about CATScript. Is there anybody who knows how to find some literature about CATScript more than the User Guide?
Why, registering a macro, not all operations are registered? I’m not able to register the power copy, more precisely copy/paste with link

Thanks in advance

Federico Puppi

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The best way to learn about CATScript is to read the forums and record your own. Not all functions within CATIA are exposed to VB, and the recorder doesn't do a very good job picking up all of those that are exposed. Specifically, I believe that instanciation of PowerCopies requires the PKT or KT1 License (I recall a thread on this subject over on the COE forum last week).

Forums to watch:
(The COE Forum)
(this one)
(The German CATIA Forum, though it's mostly in English).

There is also a Developer's Forum on Dassault's web site (

I have already registered to all three forums you mentioned and also the developer's room of CAA V5 (by the way the same topics are even on the own HelpGuide of Catia V5), but to be honest there's not too much about CATScript in all of them. I'll go on with my search..

Anyway, Thank you very much catiajim for your helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back