Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catsettings files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninpoikan

Aerospace
Feb 16, 2004
US
Will anyone provide step by step instructions and or commands on how to clean or ( delete ) the catsetting files that I hear cause so much problems.
thank very much for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello Ninpoikan,
You have to find the directory of your settings first. It can be local or on the network, depending how Catia was setup. You can go to the Catia tools in the window menu and chose the environment editor to find this information.

Here is a typical installation path example:
C:\Documents and Settings\youruser\Application data\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings

Once this done, here is what I suggest:

Delete all the files in this folder. Restart Catia and all the toolbars and options will be back to default. Use Catia for a day and put all your toolbars and settings the way you like them. Close Catia then copy your CatSettings folder somewhere for backup.

When you don’t like your settings anymore, just replace your folder with the backup one. I like to create a batch file that does it that looks like this:

del "C:\Documents and Settings\youruser\Application Data\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings\*.*"

xcopy "backup\CATSettings\*.*" "C:\Documents and Settings\youruser\Application Data\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings\"

Then start Catia or put a line in this batch file to lunch Catia automatically.

Hope this helps!

Alex Laurenceau

Instead of copying your catsettings back into the catsettings directory, you can add a line in your environment file so Catia will read the backup directory first, then your user directory. When later the S**T hits the fan, you jjust delete the user catsettings directory and everything is back to whatever you consider normal ;-)

The file you need to edit is CATIA.V5RXX.BXX.txt (XX is your version number). If you don't know where this file is located you can right-click on the Catia icon on your desktop and look for the path after the -direnv variable

In this file, look for the line starting with
CATReferenceSettingPath=
and enter the path to your backup directory right after the equal sign.

Hope this helps too! [cheers] Now I'm of for the weekend

Ola Gabrielson
Praktisk CAD

hi,

after setting the ENVIRONMENT you should define default CATSettings with the admin mode of V5 (position of toolbar...)

Then exit the admin mode and use CATIA as usual

RTFM...

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back