Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

catsite.prjmodel-problem-

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariusd

Mechanical
May 24, 2003
RO
Hello,

Please anyone can help me with some ideeas for this error message: "incompatible mode of model.Model including a prjmodel can not be read the declaration catsite.prjmodel must be set to true."
I export .model (catia V4.2) and then send to our customer who cann't import. I know that we work in different environment.

Thnk you very much.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi mariusd,

Dunno much about catia V4. we've had a problem similar to urs. we had a V4 model that could'nt be opened in V5. we got rid of it by asking our vendor to drop the links before exporting. dropping the links from the V4 environment (like honda, chrysler..) would make the .model or .exp file to be opened in V5 without any problem.

hope this works out for u.

V

the catsite true or false has to do with the .model file having a internal project table or not.
I think true means it does have a internal project table.

on v4 open a terminal window and type:

catpath -l -A catsite.prjmodel

this will tell you where your CATSITE.dcls file is and if it is set to TRUE or FALSE.

there is a line in the middle somewhere where it is set to TRUE or FALSE.
you will then need to edit the CATSITE.dcls file to be TRUE. restart catia and that should work.

you may want to set it back to false afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back