Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

center mark......

Status
Not open for further replies.

emc2673

Mechanical
Apr 14, 2004
US
how does one go about creating a center mark for a hole and/or arc in a drawing.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

check this thread thread554-136537 This talked about last month.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success." - Henry Ford

Thanks for the advice even though you answered it a few weeks ago although I was asking how to show a center line and now I wanted to show center marks. but Pro/E is not that intuative in creating these unlike in my past job where we used solidworks and creating CL was a snap

sorry if it felt like ground hog's day.

Center Lines & Center Marks are one in the same for ProE. At times, you will need to create an axis on the model for features such as slots so they will show a center line in your drawing.

On another note from your previous post, you should be showing your dimensions instead of creating them on your drawings. This way you will keep your parametric relation between your drawing and part plus also make it easier to make modifications later on. I understand it is not always possible, but is good practice. I've attended a few classes and they never pushed this enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back