Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro/E losing market share to SolidWorks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunalover

Mechanical
Mar 28, 2002
US
I don't know about you, but since I've been on my job hunt I've noticed that employers are getting away from Pro/E and moving to SolidWorks. Anyone else see this? Comments? I just don't see Pro/E jobs advertised nearly as much as SolidWorks jobs!

Tunalover

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@davidinindy-
When you are replying to an ad that says MUST HAVE you can't just ignore it and sell your other skills. One-dimensional HR robots screen the resume before anyone capable of reading between the lines (e.g. engineering manager) gets it. The way the process is set up, without a network connection to get straight to the hiring manager, an Einstein could not get one of these jobs without the MUST HAVE skills.

I hope you were being facetious about the hex head bolt vs. flat head screw. Anyone that has ever touched any hardware would know the difference [glasses].

Tunalover

I guess I've learned to get my resume into the hands of the right people and avoid the HR robots.

And no... I seriously worked with and engineer who brought me a hex head bolt when I asked for a flat head cap screw.
I got a blank look.
Many mechanical engineers are book smart, but have no common sense, or hands on skills.

David
Check out my professional profile and connect with me on LinkedIn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back