Centrifugal pump_Fire fighting system

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh pathy

Mechanical
Jan 5, 2017
QA
Dears!

Centrifugal pump discharge side eccentric reducer can be used? if not possible please explain the valid reason
and centrifugal pump discharge nozzle if possible to connect pipe directly without any reducer?

please clarify anyone...

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rajesh,
Your question is not clear.
Can you please provide more information:
- Pump Suction Line size
- Pump Suction Nozzle size
- Pump Discharge Line size
- Pump Discharge Nozzle size

Sometimes its possible to do all the right things and still get bad results

Can it be used - I can't see why not

Can you connect with reducer - Yes, but it is normal to increase piing size from pump nozzle size to reduce pressure losses in the line

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

You can use an eccentric reducer on the pump discharge, however it is not as common as using concentric from what I've seen.

What is your reasoning for wanting to use an eccentric reducer?

Is it a top discharge or side discharge pump?

Yes and Yes.
It would help if you expanded your question to give reasons as to why you are asking, our crystal ball gazing isn't all that good.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

In my experience, most pumps have had a concentric reducer on the discharge side of the pump, per LittleInch's comment (and commonly an eccentric reducer on the suction side). But I don't see a problem with having an eccentric reducer on the discharge.

the eccentric reducer should be used in suction side to prevent air bubbles inlet to pump so is mandatory in suction side as per NFPA20.
so there is no problem to used it at discharge .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back