Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

centrifuge

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemeng1357

Chemical
Oct 12, 2006
Hi
have you ever used decanter centrifuge for
pharmaceutical powder slurry?
i need information about decanter centrifuge system and
new systems used for cenntrifuge.
thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your post is not specific. What kind information do you need? supplier information? If so,Broadbend centrifuge could help or Bird vacuum filter could be better because of easy control and maintenance with the same performance.

Further to MTL, what are the process requirements. Sealing and effectivly cleaning the unit may be the main issues, there is alot of surface area to do a cleaning validation on! With more background information sensible comments can be provided!

Mark Hutton

thanks for your reply,
i need to know if i replace filteration equipment such as centrifuge with decanter centrifuge,near 100% recovery of powders
thanks

A centrifuge is not considered filteration equipment. A centrifuge is a concentrating device that uses centrifugal force to concentrate a given component in the feed stream. A decanter will generally have lower centrifugal forces so may not be suitable as a replacement.
What is meant by 100% recovery of powders? What partical size, and what GMP standard are you working to?

Mark Hutton

you can consider to use nutch filter,ANFD and Nauta drier.etc, provided if we know the process details like initial moisture, solvents, particle size etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back