Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CERIG, CP, etc. and RBE2's, RBE3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ann1985

Structural
Nov 2, 2011
ES
I need you!! I've created a model in Patran and a client wants to access to it via ANSYS. The model has MPC (multi-point constraints) defined. In this case, RBE2 and RBE3. The RBE2's are rigid elements that connects a master node (independent) to slaves nodes (dependents) and RBE3's, however, are elements of interpolation, which are used to distribute a load (or mass) of a point to others.

I'm preparing an input file and would like to know what would be the equivalent element in ANSYS to these types of joints. CP, CERIG,...? Can you tell me what is most appropriate for RBE2 and RBE3? Or if there is another element that I'm not considering...

I hope you can help me! I just know the basic of ANSYS!

Thanks a lot!!!! And have a really nice weekend!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends whether you require weighting factors across the region. RBEs have generally been replaced in everyday usage (by FE users) by the direct CE technologies: CE, CERIG, MPC, etc. I don't think any of the CE* commands allow for weighting to be taking into account, however ANSYS still has an RBE capability for this eventuality and has done for many years should you want to use it - this will allow weighting to be accounted for. The command is:

Code:
RBE3, Master, DOF, Slaves, Wtfact

See the manual for all the details.

Have a look here also:

------------
See faq569-1083 for details on how to make best use of Eng-Tips.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back