Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustybottoms

Civil/Environmental
Apr 22, 2003
US
I have been working with AutoCAD for the past 4 years (14 thru 2002). I have become very adept with AC and was thinking about going for certification. I was wondering if becoming certified has made a difference in anyone's life, i.e. raises, job advancement, or if it was a superfluous piece of paper.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Certification allows you to teach/ train @ those training schools, which you may do as a side job on the weekends. For extra $$$.

Aside from that, I've interviewed potential workers w/ certifactions ... and although that's one reason I've ask them to come in for an interview ... it didn't guarantee them a job.

Nor has it given anyone here a raise ...

Maybe some one else here may shed some more light to this subject.

Hope this helped in some way.
[wink]

My guess is no effect for advancement or raises. They already know what you know and what you're worth. If they don't the paper's not going to matter.

When looking to move on, however, it could be an important piece of getting an interview.

I find that certification changes your attitude and hence the atitude of those around you. You are more professional, might even dress more professionally. You carry yourself with confidence and with a knowledge base. An office with professionals is a more efficient office. Go for it - you are laying a foundation for a better career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back