Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certified Construction Manager or Professional Construtor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm a PLS (Land Surveyor) but I am a General Superintendent at a large Civil Construction Company. Most of the project managers in my company are PMP (professional project managers) but I want to be certified in something more related to construction.

I teach in the Construction Management Department at the University of North Florida. We encourage our graduates to become licensed as general contractors and to pursue such certifications you have noted. Both of these are recognized and have similar focus. Because they are not license oriented, neither particularly holds weight over the other. Find out how many certified professionals each group has. Get a membership list and call a few of them. You will then be able to ask directly of those in the business how each of the certifications has been beneficial to them or if it just becomes a resume filler.

Chicopee....some, but not a lot. I don't know that they have been asked about such memberships but they should be. I'll ask! Thanks.

Satis231....please start a new thread with your question. Also, you might want to put you question in one of the geotechnical forums. You'll get better response than tagging onto an existing thread. Also, don't post your question in more than one forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back