Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chamfer on edge of tapered side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Can someone help me.

The chamfer option works only when the reference object is horizontal. If its not, is there any option to callout the chamfer dimension?

Which version of NX are we talking about?

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

Is it the Chamfer : "chamfer to be added" you are thinking of ? ( That you want to cut in the solid body)
or is it the dimension on the drawing ?

Regards,
Tomas

NX 11 Version.

I want to callout chamfer dimension in drawing on the edge where Note chamfer to be added is given.

As far as I remember (in NX11), the Chamfer automatic callout is only working on perpendicular faces.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

"As far as I remember (in NX11), the Chamfer automatic callout is only working on perpendicular faces"

I think this is pretty logic, a chamfer dimension such as: "Chamfer 4x45° " does include the specific angle, and if that corner isn't 90°,
- then how do we measure the angle, and which side of the chamfer is the "master" ?

The image below shows how we annotated chamfers before the specific chamfer dimension type was added to NX.

Regards,
Tomas

2020-04-16_2_wjf1ma.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back