Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Accuracy on all components in an Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulJG

Automotive
Apr 29, 2003
DE
Hi All,
Can anyone advise if there is a method in order to change the part accuracies of all the components in an assembly without having to open each part file seperately and manually change it?

I have to change the part accuracies on 48 parts in each of 9 assemblies (all different parts) in order to export a clean STEP file to import into Catia and match its curve tolerance. Our Catia fails to import cleanly because the curve tolerance is set to 0.02 or less (Admin set), Pro/E STEP files have a much larger tolerance so the the accuracy has to be set as low as 1.0000e-5 in order to get a proper part conversion into Catia.

Anyway if anyone knows of a method, let me know before I go mad!

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

I am not aware that you will be able to do this in one go. you will however be able to use a mapkey to go through all of the commands required. If you make your mapkey finish on save and complete the command you will only need to open each file and run the mapkey then close.

It may be possible to use probatch to do the whole group but I will have to refresh my dim mind.

If you are unfamiliar with the mapkey function I could try to create one for you.

Regards.

Hi Roy,
Many thanks for your help but this was what I was already doing (I should have said), its still a chore though with nearly 450 parts to modify even with a Mapkey. I will have to investigate the Pro/batch approach.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back