Change combustion engine by electric motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

exael

Structural
Feb 8, 2022
PE
hello engineers,
Do you know or have experience changing a combustion engine for an electric motor in heavy machinery such as tractors?
In the engineering office for which I work supervising production, they will take an unexpected turn and this is for me new, I wanted to know about your comments. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A diesel electric tractor Stepless goes Electric: eAutoPowr TRANSMISSION I JOHN DEERE

This fully electric tractor uses a power cord (4160 volt I think) John Deere’s new kind of swarm concept for agricultural machinery - A fully electric swarm Take note of the cable tender, and the need to not cross the power cable.

John Deere New All-Electric Battery Electric Tractor April 16, 2022
The tractor is is powered by an extremely powerful and capacious battery pack, from 1,000 kWh.The electric propulsion system is capable of unleashing 500 kW, or 680 hp of power.

There are mining trucks that are battery electric that recover enough energy from hauling rocks downhill that they can return the empty trucks to the mine, and never need to recharge.

The grader video is one of the problems. They electrified a grader but give no mention of performance. That's the problem, the tractor might be able to grade 50ft of road for the video but can it function in an undeveloped region without a diesel generator parked near by? Grading usually occurs before power infrastructure is installed.

The video was from 4 years ago. There is zero mention of performance of their conversions on their website. Medatech is a scam company just as the Gravity Tower was.

How many other vehicles will be needed to help hold the long wire needed to power your tactor, or off road truck? Maybe arrange the power system like the old electric trains with the over head wires?
I suppose a large trailer could be pulled behind holding the tons of required battery's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back