Changing a Length Parameter to a String Parameter via a rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrazSparty

Automotive
Feb 16, 2024
US
Hi,

Is there a wat to have a parameter change from a length to a string and vice versa using a rule?

Example:

Capture_g29f4h.jpg

If i change the "Pin Type" to another option I need the "Part Data Hole Size", "Hole Size Tol." and the "Hole Location Tol." to all say "N/A". Is this possible with a rule?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi LWolf, thanks for the quick response but the issue I'm having is that these values show up on my draw sheet. I was wondering if there is a way to get them to change when I use a different option pin?

Those parameters are of type "Length" and as such when you type in a numerical value, you will get the unit specified in your settings, right now it is "mm"
"N/A" is a string, and as far as I know one cannot change a parameter type... you could replace your lengths with some arbitrary, ridiculous value but not change to a string.

regards,
LWolf

All those parameters, do they come from a powercopy or UDF ? if yes they you should invite your CAD team to review what was put in place, either the spec did not catch the need for "N/A", or the dev did not do a proper job.

A value parameter cannot be a string (it could look like one if you change the font and replace number with letters but this is another story I would keep for myself)

A string could really look like a value.

So it could have been better to define those parameter as string in the first place and manage text value based on pin type, and have the drawing get the string parameter.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back