Changing class From smallest to largest

Status
Not open for further replies.

KH-001

Petroleum
Apr 1, 2022
DZ
Hi;
Thank you for seeing the attached photo, I have a question about changing class From smallest to largest due to the absence of the commodity , in my case as follows:
they decided to install a valve with adapter flange weco, the flow line system is class 300 X 10" so they install a flange adapter 10"#300 x 8"#600 and then valve 8"#600 and then adapter flange 8"#600 X 6" fig 602 .
is it correct that ...Thanks

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c498c11f-ce84-46ec-9211-e6ee5ad40115&file=IMG_20230918_085332.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well if you're in Apollo 13 territory {You can only use what you have immediately available] then there is nothing wrong with it.

What's the design pressure or operating pressure up stream the valve or is the flow from the header to the valve connector

Bit of a waste of metal and flanges and welding but if needs must....

Also it looks like you're going from a class 600 RTJ to a class 300 RF flange so would need something different because of that.

Just so long as someone doesn't see the class 600 valve and assume all the connecting pipe is to the same design pressure...

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Apollo 13 territory. [laughtears]

--Einstein gave the same test to students every year. When asked why he would do something like that, "Because the answers had changed."

It's one of my favourite expressions [2thumbsup] - I think we've all been there on construction sites....

At least they didn't run out of flanges. I've seen pipe fillet welded to flanged valves before now ( Old ex USSR well site)

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

It seems a catalyst loadyng/unloayng device maybe where erosion is more agressive or it a boundery territory as LittleInch said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back