Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing oil FOM2 3015 nt

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker12300

Mechanical
Mar 8, 2016
US
We need to change our vac pump oil and filter & turbo blower oil. The alarm gives us 500 hours to do it or the laser won't run anymore. We can have Amada do it or do it ourselves and save a bunch of money. No AMP or Warranty on the laser anyway. We changed the oil in our old laser before. An LCE 655. Is there anything special needed to change the oil in this one? After you change the oil will the alarm automatically go away or does it have be reset somehow? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Oop. Forgot about this this one. YA, I just changed the count down clock and the alarm went away. Now we just have to make sure we change the oil and filter. Thanks.

Preventative Maintenance is always worth shutting machine down, that way your in control otherwise if you wait for THIS to change THAT, THIS might not come about in time and THAT just earned you a lot more Down time, not so important with an oil change but a good rule of Thumb[2thumbsup], but you shouldn't reset timer until oil change is actually done. [rockband]

I agree 100% but I got tired of the alarm window popping up all the time. And every time the owner walks by I remind him I need a vac pump filter so he knows about it. Only so much I can do.

OK. The time as arrived. I have the ingredients required to change everything. Looking in the maintenance manual, there's a procedure for stopping the ocillator before I change anything. Does that need to be done even if the laser has been shut down all night? If so where do I find parameter 15264 and 2502, per the manual. I found the parameter button on the controller but I need a password to access it.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f39879f0-b297-41ef-847e-bf69e13eedda&file=thumbnail.jpg
When the Laser is shutdown no need to change parameter. The valves in the oscillator close, so continual supply of laser gas mix does not enter the oscillator. But the tubes are at or above atmoshperic pressure with the Laser gas mix.
-You should conduct a automatic internal leak check, note diag and know what your existing leak check is.
-Shutdown.
-with all power off, removed covers of the oscillator.
-remove vacuum pump fill cap, drain oil in a container.
-now be careful removing filter, behind filter cover is a spring, note spring and washer position.
-remove filter, note filter has an oring on the back side of it that fits into the machined slotted surface at the back of the pump housing.
-place new filter with the pleat facing down so vacuum pump oil drains out of it good, and oring is facing back, this needs to seat good or when the laser purges gs you will see a mist coming out of the purge muffler on the side of the resonator.
-now fill about 1.25 cans of the vacuum pump oil, do not over fill, if it is at the line drain some out.
-Now Turbo blower.
-This runs at 200ms or about 60000 rpm's which is why oil needs changed every 2000 hrs and you probably have a 24,000hr blower.
-position hose and drain by the drain valve, while draining, removed the hex bolt with oring on the backside, to allow all oil out, this is where you fill oil back with the little bottle with a clear hose. Close drain valve. Just put the little hose in the fill port and squeeze bottle, note that the sightglass fills slowly, do not over fill, sometimes you wont use all the bottle.
-put bolt with oring back on, tighten but really torqued. If when the laser is starting back up and in seq 18 you see bubbles in the Turbo blower oil sightglass, that bolt/oring is not sealed or oring is bad.
-put covers back on.
-coduct a automatic internal leak check and see if the leak rate is the same. If so you are done.

Just stop the oscillator and switch off the machine. Wait for 10 minutes. Replace the filter and oil in vacuum pump after draining old oil completely. Also remove and replenish turbo oil. Close the cap. Run the machine. Thats all. If the filter and oil is not replaced periodically in vacuum pump, the filter will be blocked and the pressure generated will make the pump oil seal to tear and leak. Also you need to clean the exhaust line. Or else the blocked line will make the pressure so great so that the vacuum oil will start enter into oscillator system which is very worst and very expensive.
Same way if turbo oil is not replaced on time will block the lines inside the turboblower chamber which will make the turbo to over heat. So the turbo blower will seize and you have to replace the same which is very expansive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back