Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing properties of multiple configurations at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlj4794

Mechanical
Jan 18, 2006
US
I am working with old assemblies my company uses, many of which have anhywhere from 5-30 configurations.

My problem is that many of these files have "supress new features and mates" and "supress new components" unchecked, which usually doesn't work for what I want to do.

Is there any way I can change the properties of all configs at at once so I don't have to "RMB - Properties" for each one?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you are in a suppressed mate configuration, RMB and go to properties. Then uncheck the “Suppresses” and select “Specified configuration/s”. In the next dialog box select the required configurations.

MFDO, that's not a bad solution...not quite what I was looking for, though. I'd like all mates to automatically supress in inactive configs before I start adding new ones, and I would like components supressed as well.

smcm, I have, but there are too many mates to effectively manage in a design table, and I'm not sure how to locate the "suppress new mates and features" state.

I might play around with VB a little bit.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back